Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oh the Places I Have Gone... In Four Days


Time seems to go slower than the rest of the world, here in New York. That seems like a strange statement coming from a place known for its fast pace. I have been here four days and yet it feels like I have been here for weeks. So much has happened and I have experienced so much. I really can’t believe it has only been four days, crazy. So far I have…

Gone to Time Square three times, twice in one day




Been woken up at 5 a.m. by two people arguing about a taxi
Seen the Hudson, New Jersey, the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building
Seen the Brooklyn Bridge


Been in four different states
Seen the Trump Tower and Columbus Square, twice.
Been to the municipal building, the Supreme Court and the Court house



Ridden the subway at least six times a day, 24 times in four days
Been the only one speaking English one the subway more than once

Walked through SoHo, China Town and Little Italy



Gone to Lincoln Center almost every day, that is where I work
Been the minority almost all of the time
Walked so much my pants have a hard time going over my calves
Eaten gelato at Ferrara (open since 1892)


Been blatantly hit on 7 times
Walked down Canal Street, known for knock-offs

Been led to a secret room by an old Asian woman to a secret room in the back of a restaurant to see knock-off purses.
Made friends with people from Russia, Germany, France, the UK (they had a celebration for the royal wedding and watched it on TV), Ghana, Austria (instant friend, he could not eat gluten either), India, Peru, one of those Stan countries that I cannot pronounce and Japan!

I could keep going but I am afraid you will lose all of your saliva and die from drooling! J